Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012





Does it seem like holidays such as Valentine's Day, Christmas, birthdays is more about the kids than husband and wife or is it just me? That is okay with me because I LOVE our kids and I love seeing the sheer excitement, especially for Miyako, over holidays. She knew it was Valentine's Day but she had no idea what it was really. She just likes to celebrate and hopes for any opportunity to get presents of any kind. On Monday we did some Valentine crafts with her best friend. I found these cookies shaped like hearts at the 100 yen shop and a chocolate crayon you could decorate it with, so I bought one for each little girl and they decorated it for their daddies. They had so much fun. We also made heart foam finger puppets my mom had sent from the US. And we watched a new Charlie Brown Valentine video from Grandma as well. I am sure you are not surprised by that.

The K Man wore his "1st Valentine's Day" shirt and sure made his mama smile a lot through the day. Daddy actually got home at 7:45, just in time to help with the bedtime routine, and see the kiddos briefly. He came bearing stickers for Miyako and flowers for Mama. Overall it was a nice day. We were able to get the kids in bed by 8:30 and actually talk for a bit before work interrupted again. I am not sad about that though. I do not need a special holiday to feel loved by my husband. It comes all year round in the little things, or the big things...like our recent family portraits that he agreed to have taken and spend money on.

My photographer had our proofs and a fabulous video made and ready on Valentine's Day. I seriously watched the video about 15 times yesterday and cried each time. I was crying when watching it with Miyako and she said, "Mama, why are you crying?" I told her sometimes Mama cries because she is happy and seeing our sweet little family having so much fun and sharing so much love makes me happy. Not sure if she understood but man...it was a great Valentine's Day gift from our photographer. There really is nothing else more beautiful - saving those moments and capturing them because they go too quickly. It is definitely where I would rather spend my money - much better than a large Louis Vuitton bag, though I will not complain if Santa delivers me that. :)

Happy Valentine's Day, a wee bit late.

No comments: