Sunday, July 8, 2012

Yukata Party

On Saturday night our church had a summer yukata party. Our friend Melissa had just arrived from the US and we dragged here there, jet lagged and all. Cousin Shelby got to borrow a beautiful yukata and wear it to the party. She fit right in and looked stunning in it. The highlight for me for the party was watching Miss M dance. We sat right by the jazz band and she danced away the entire time. It was hilarious. She was looking at her reflection through the window and kept dancing and dancing. At one point she looked at me and said, "I see two Miyako's!" I think the world can only handle one, at least I know I can! Enjoy the pictures. Tomorrow we are off to hike Mt. Fuji. Should be an experience of a lifetime.

1 comment:

mel said...

What a fun time! We have a journal from Tokyo with the same fabric on the cover that M has on her yukata! Sweet bunnies! Your niece looks gorgeous in her yukata. I bet she is a big hit over there.