Friday, August 3, 2012

15 Month Stats

I took the K Man in for his 15 month check up this week. Here are the stats - Weight - 11.37 kg (25 pounds) - 60th percentile (US) Height - 76.8 cm (30.2 inches) - 10th percentile (US) So, as my husband put it so bluntly, we have a short, chubby boy. Yes we do. And if he really is our child, height is not in his future. I had high hopes for a wide receiver, but we may have to settle for an offensive lineman. He is very healthy. He eats all table foods, drinks milk, and is finally showing a little interest in walking. He can walk along couches when he holds on, but still cannot stand up on his own. We blame that on his chubby legs. He is showing lots of personality - and boy does he have it. He can charm the best of them and has a way with the ladies on the trains. He is starting to wave hello and goodbye and blows kisses. He loves to copy you, so if you cough, he will pretend to cover his mouth and cough. Then he starts laughing at himself. He is not speaking much, just mama. And I have not done sign language with him like I did Miss M - call me lazy. He loves to snuggle and he sleeps with the blue stuffed dolphin big sis picked out for him in Hawaii and his special blankie given to me by my cyberspace friend. She is reading and knows who she is. One day M, we will meet in person. It is so fun to watch the K Man's personality develop and to see how different the kids are from such young ages. At times, when he wrinkles his nose, it reminds me of Miss M when she was a baby. But other than that, I do not see loads of similarities between them. Personality wise they are quite different too. The K Man is much more of a people person and Miss M tends to be more reserved until she gets to know you. K Man, we love you so much. You bring so much joy to our family with your sweet smile, chubby cheeks, and contagious laugh. You brighten up a room wherever you go and I pray the light of Christ will go with you all of your days. Love you sweet boy. Mama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd been wondering if he was walking. He'll get it figured out. And in the meantime he is so stinking cute!!!