Saturday, November 15, 2014

Miss M's first race - a 1K!

The sports class Miss M attends organized a race for the students and we signed her and Daddy up to compete. It was a 1 K and you could tell she was really nervous. It was such a funny environment. Some parents were decked out in the most fashionable sports wear and were warming up with their kids. You could tell they trained with their kids. Other parents were wearing tennis shoes from the 1980's. My husband and I found it quite comical. Miss M was nervous but she did great. I will be honest, I was a bit nervous at the beginning as every other child started sprinting really fast. I thought she was going to come in last and we would have a crying daughter on our hands and we would be teaching a lesson on how to lose. But she kept a steady pace, chatting the entire time with daddy, and the other kids started to slow down so she was able to gain a little space between them, coming in second to last. :) As a runner, I got tears in my eyes when she crossed the finish line. I was so proud of her. I hope once we have this baby in February I can start taking her out on some short runs around the neighborhood.
 

No comments: