Saturday, December 2, 2017

San Francisco/Napa

Another highlight of the summer, for me especially, was my girls weekend in June to San Fran/Napa Valley for my belated 40th birthday present. I went with two good girlfriends and it was a fabulous weekend. We walked miles and miles in San Francisco, taking in the scenery and eating some fabulous food. We enjoyed a Giants game ten rows behind home plate thanks to a neighbor giving us his season tickets. We visited Alcatraz, explored the fabulous farmers market, and ate some fabulous bread. We walked and walked and it was everything I thought it would be. I loved being back in a big city and experiencing the smells, tastes, sights and sounds. After two nights in the city we rented a car and drove to Napa for some wine tours. We visited Artesa, Peju and Conn Creek wineries. It was so much fun. I truly could not have asked for a better 40th birthday present/party. I am not a person who wants a big party so my husband knows me well...a weekend away in a big city was the perfect gift. And he did fabulous with the kids, but he is their father so I do not expect anything less. We had a sitter for him so he could work during the day and she prepared dinners for him. The kids had a fun filled weekend hanging out with daddy and I got a much needed break.

No comments: