Friday, January 12, 2018

Happy New Year

We spent the week of Christmas and New Year relaxing and being lazy with a few ski days here and there. We hosted a NYE party with our friends from college and neighbors. We watched the UK basketball game, ate chili and counted down at ten with 12 kids in the house! It was organized chaos and a lot of fun. My friend Katrina was also in town randomly so we added some excitement to her single life! She loved on Miss M and stayed up with her until midnight painting her nails. 2017 has brought a lot of change and I anticipate more for 2018 as we continue to make a life in Colorado. I am excited to see what God has for our family. We are growing, learning and leaning on Jesus to get us through the good and bad. I still miss Japan and our community there. I think we always will, but I know we are where we are supposed to be for right now. So we will continue to make memories and form the foundation for our kids that will hopefully build a legacy of loving Jesus and loving others well. I kind of got behind on this blog this year and found it hard to catch up. You can see my scrapbook days kind of went to pop towards the end. But my hope this year is to have a renewed commitment to writing in the blog and keeping our family life updated so our kids can read this one day and learn more about our family. So here is to 2018 - may it bring joy, peace and a love that is beyond human understanding.

No comments: