Thursday, February 17, 2011

30 Weeks







Tomorrow I will be 30 weeks along, which means Baby K will make his or her way into this world very very soon. Today I went to the doctor and everything looked great. Baby K is a bit on the "chubby" side and is measuring a week bigger, but the doctor said this is nothing to worry about and the measurements were compared to Japanese babies so it really is no big deal. I always heard the bigger the baby the better the sleeper so...

It was a fun ultrasound today as the baby was really active. As I waited on the doctor to finish up with the previous patient, the mid-wife went ahead and started the ultrasound so it was extra long. Baby K was scratching his or her head and then started to pump his or her fist. I guess he or she is preparing to battle big sister. The mid-wife asked me if I wanted to know the sex of the baby. I was oh so tempted but declined! I go back and forth - some days I think it is a boy and other days I think it is a girl. Time will tell very soon. I had a horrible leg cramp last night, around 5AM. It started in my hip and went clear down my leg. I jumped out of bed and it brought me to tears. I have had more leg cramps this time around. The doctor gave me some calcium supplements today so hopefully that will help. I think Kan is a bit tired of his middle of the night wake up calls every other day. However, I told him it is good preparation for when the baby comes and at least it is not HIS leg in pain. Other than the leg cramps, no major complaints.

I have posted a baby bump picture and a few cute pics of Miyako we took yesterday. Her babysitter gave her a backpack for her baby doll for Christmas and she loves carrying her baby around the apartment. She also took the baby on a ride on the Sit and Spin from Uncle Tom, Aunt Kim, and all of her Arkansas cousins.

2 comments:

mel said...

You look great! I can't believe you think you are big! My leg cramps with #2 were horrible, much worse than with #1. I'd just get up and walk around, drink some water, and try to sleep again.

Sheri said...

Hey Shari, you look great! Miyako is getting so big. She's going to love being a big sis! You know, I seemed to have more of those leg cramps with each pregnancy. I found that drinking LOTS of water helped and eating bananas (for potassium) helped some as well. You'll be holding a sweet baby before you know it.