Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Long Week





It has been a long week. Kan has been gone for work since Sunday. He gets home tomorrow (YAY) but I know he is exhausted and he will crash as soon as he gets home. We have missed him a lot. Miyako is old enough now to know when he is gone. She asks for him all the time, and I explain he is working in a hotel. He was at the same conference in Bali that we went to last year on our journey across the world, so we had pictures from the same hotel he was at. She wanted to look at the pictures every day. She would fix him tea and cake every day with her play food and leave it on a plate for him in his office. She also left him her doggie that needs new batteries put in it - doggie is sitting on daddy's desk waiting for daddy to come home and "fix" him.

Not only has Kan's absence made it a long week, but Miyako had a small fever and the slightest touch of a stomach bug earlier in the week which kept us inside a lot of the week. I am very grateful the stomach bug was just a minor incident and did not turn into that horrible bug that is going around both with my friends in Tokyo and my friends at home. And let's be realistic - at 31 weeks preggers my body feels the effects of taking care of a spunky 2 year old by myself a bit more than it did say 30 weeks ago!

Thankfully we are ending the week on the upswing. Yesterday I had the sitter come while I ran some errands. I enjoyed a fabulous fruit crepe with a dear friend while out and about, and my sitter was able to clean a bit for me while Miyako napped. Mopping the floors on my hands and knees is a bit more difficult these days. Last night our community group graciously offered to meet at my house while Kan was away so I did not have to miss out. We celebrated a new job for one of our members with the fabulous cupcakes pictured here on the blog. Then today we woke up to a beautiful sunny spring like day - I took a jacket out but did not need it once I was outside because it was so so warm! We went to a great park with our Friday play group and had such a fun time. It was so great being outside in the fresh air and having some adult conversation. Although based on how large some of the slides were at this park, I hope next time Daddy is with us to help Mama! You should have seen me climbing up these small little tubes to go down really large slides with Miyako. We had fun though! We end our fun day tonight with dinner at the mall with Minnie and Mr. N. Then the countdown begins to noon tomorrow when Daddy should walk through that door!

1 comment:

mel said...

I am so glad your week ended with sunny skies. You were in my thoughts and prayers, even though I wasn't able to respond to your email. I'll fill you in on that later. But YEA for sunshine and slides and daddies coming HOME!