Tuesday, June 7, 2011

At a Loss





I am at a blog loss - a loss of words that is - as it is 8:15PM, both kiddos are asleep, and I have been up since before 6. I went for my first run post baby today. I pushed myself a bit too much as Kei is still waking up twice a night to feed, but I needed some sort of stress release. So after I fed him at 5:30, I put on those jogging shoes and headed out the door. I had a date with Steven Tyler (yes, I love him and love him as a judge on AI), Black Eyed Peas, OAR, Bruce Springsteen and Beastie Boys this morning. It was a fun date but I am out of shape people! I exercised through my entire pregnancy with Miyako, but with Kei, I just was so tired after chasing Miyako all day. I would set my alarm to exercise but come February I started to give up on it. Then we had the big earthquake in March and after that, I really gave up on it. So, the run this morning was good but I have a lot of work to do to get back to where I was before Miyako! But, the challenge is before me, and I must say, the fresh air by myself along the river with good tunes really did the mind some good this morning. However, here comes 8:15, and I actually have a bit of silence in the house and a chance to actually blog, and I am at a loss for words due to sheer exhaustion. Kan is still at work and it really is a bummer when he has to work late. The hardest part of the day right now is between 6-8 PM. Kei is fussy, Miyako is tired, Mama is tired, and we all know it is not pretty when fatigue sets in. I am convinced that fatigue brings out the worst in me. And perhaps my daughter as she was put in bed 45 minutes earlier than usual due to her attitude at the dinner table. I guess she comes by it honestly, but I made the right call because within ten minutes she was sound asleep.

I took Kei to the pediatrician on Saturday for his check up. The boy is big! At 5 weeks old he is 11 pounds and 21 inches...he has gained 2.5 pounds since birth and one inch! He went with me to a baby shower for a friend on Sunday. I finally got a picture of me and my boy - usually with Miyako around it is hard to get a picture with him. :) So, enjoy the pic of me and Sweet Kei. Of course there was lots of yummy food we made for the baby shower. Aren't the little duck treats adorable?

There is so much more I want to say, but when I type it out, it does not come out right, so I think it is time for me to settle in with Jerry, Elaine, Kramer and George and vegetate for a bit before I call it a night. I do not want to miss my date in the morning with Tony Horton and P90X. Good night.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look beautiful! Mothering is hard work and you are doing a wonderful job!

mel said...

Your smile says it all! The hours between 4-7 are the hardest for me, still. I hate to think that I am counting down the hours to kids' bedtime, but I really DO. Night time is such a needed recharge. Much love to you!

Erica said...

shari you are doing great! i do know about exhaustion!! unfortunately i feel with almost 5 year old, now 3 year old, and soon to be 2 year--i'm STILL tired! ugh--i know probably not what you wanted to hear. but these early years are just hard work, and just plain physically exhausting (though my friends with older school aged and adolescents say their season is hard but in a different way--not so physical at least). but i hear you on the exercise....you'll get there! i was the same way with reed but with the girls pregnancies it was less and less everytime.....but i do feel much more consistent these days---so you'll build it back up for sure. they are both adorable by the way; glad to keep up with you all from so afar!! take care! erica

expatgourmand said...

Good on ya for getting back into exercise. It's also a much-needed break from the kids, so please keep it up! You're doing really well, Shari :)