Monday, May 14, 2012

May 12, 2012 Scrapbook Day

Scrapbook day for May fell on a Saturday. We love Saturdays in this house because it means quality family time. Daddy spent the morning at the gym as he is trying to get back into a routine with exercise. In the afternoon, Mama got some quiet time while the K Man napped and daddy and Miss M went to the park. We enjoyed dinner Saturday night in Ikebukuro with some new friends who moved here from Seattle. I met the wife through BSF and they invited us over for dinner. Miss M loved it because it meant loads of new toys to play with. We really enjoyed their family and look forward to spending more time with them in the future. I also saw a Cafe du Monde in Ikebukuro that I plan to visit. I had no idea they had a cafe here in Tokyo. Once the kids went to bed, we stayed up way too late watching the show "White Collar." It is on USA and a friend recommended it to us. It is addictive. We watched 3 seasons in about 3 weeks, staying up until 1 in the morning watching it and forcing myself to go to bed because I knew my kids would be up at 7. The acting is pretty cheesy in the beginning, but after about 5 episodes you get hooked. It is about a white collar criminal who gets to work with the FBI as part of his sentence and help them solve cases while wearing an anklet. I highly recommend it. Many of you may also be wondering what happened with the heart murmur I mentioned for the K Man on his birthday post. I took him last week to the Red Cross hospital and the EKG confirmed that it is an "innocent" murmur. I am very thankful for a healthy baby boy and glad to have that EKG over with. Pretty boring scrapbook day, but those are some of the best kind of days. :)

No comments: