Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The K Man's Birthday Party

The K Man will be a year old tomorrow (another post dedicated to him will follow with a little more from my heart) and we had a small celebration for him on Saturday with another family. They also have a little boy who turned one this week and we decided rather than doing a big party for the boys, we would just have a simple dinner with our families. Our kids get along extremely well as the older siblings are just a month a part, and my friend had been wanting me to show her how to fix Japanese curry for quite some time now. So, the K Man and baby D celebrated their birthdays with Japanese curry, which they both ate, and these adorable animal cupcakes my friend made. Baby D dug right in his cupcake and was more interested in meshing his hands in it than actually eating it. The K Man, on the other hand, graciously ate each bit and savored it. He was very interested in eating it, so much so that when I took it away about half way through he started screaming and bouncing in his seat so hard that I thought the entire table would fall apart. I broke a little more off and gave it to him, then quickly dispersed of the rest so he did not see it anymore. Out of sight, out of mind so they say. Big sis also enjoyed her "pink" piggie cupcake. I do not think the K Man's future wife has to worry about him messing up the cake on their wedding day...he will not give up his cake that easily and would much rather eat it than smash it in her face. It is hard to believe a year has gone by. I have so much more to say about that in my next post, but for now I will leave you with these photos. It sure does not look the same as M's first birthday party with lots of grandparents and friends of ours in attendance, but it has just as much meaning and was just as much fun. We are so grateful for really good friends we have made here in Tokyo.

2 comments:

expatgourmand said...

Wow, your little guy is already 1! Happy birthday :) Looks like he had great fun. Hope you guys are well in Tokyo. I think of you and your family often.

The Sylvesters said...

Happy Birthday Kei! He is just beautiful. (and slimming down) Such a fun and busy age.