Monday, April 30, 2012

Disney Live

Friday night I took M on a date with Minnie and Mr. N to see Disney Live. We were all very excited about the show that was in English. I took M to her favorite restaurant in Ginza, Pecko-chan's, and then we went to the theater for the show. When we walked in, M was thrilled to get her picture in front of the sign and was jumping with excitement. However, once the show started and the lights went low, she was a bit scared and had to use the bathroom about 90 times during the first act. I am not exaggerating. I spent most of the first act taking her back and forth to the bathroom, only to have her not go potty. I knew she did not really need to go, but she was scared. They did some stories like Aladdin and Little Mermaid, and she got especially scared when the blue genie and Ursula came on stage. But when Mickey and Minnie were out and about, she was fine. The second act was mostly Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy with an appearance by Sheriff Woody and Buzz Light Year. M liked this act much better. They even brought the lights back up and led us in a dance, which M fully participated in and danced in the aisle. Overall, it was a fun night. She said she only liked it when Mickey and Minnie came out. Part of me got really frustrated to be honest. We paid decent money for the tickets and Mama really wanted to see the show. :) But then I had to remind myself she is only 3.5 and I probably would have been scared too if I had seen this at her age. It was fun night out on the town and it was nice to have a little date with her and catch up with Minnie and Mr. N.

No comments: