Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Shari Fest 2012









"Shari-fest 2012" is in full force this week. It started on my actual birthday, Monday April 2nd, and I got to start my day with a run and my IPod along the beautiful Sumida River. Then at lunch, Miyako-chan gave me a card with Minnie Mouse and lots of pink heart and butterfly stickers, a pink flower and a small piece of cake for us to "share." She sang to me with Kan and we blew out candles. In the afternoon, we we went to Shinjuku-Gyoen with my running partner and friend from BSF. The kids love her, as do I, and we enjoyed walking around taking in the beautiful sakura and letting Miyako-chan run in the grass with her jump rope while the K Man crawled around and ate grass. The night ended with a Girls Night Out dinner at Roti's in Midtown, a favorite restaurant of mine, with real New York style cheesecake and lots of gifts from friends. To top off a wonderful birthday already, my alma mater brought home the National Championship for basketball, the first one in 14 years and 8th total. GO CATS! Tonight after the kids go to bed, I plan to watch the celebration that I taped and the hanging of that 8th banner. But as you know, the birthday festivities must last all week. Friday we are going out as a family to dinner and to do a little birthday shopping. I still have a pedicure to cash in on from my American MIL. And Saturday night we are celebrating with two other couples with a date night out on the town. More details of Shari-fest to come!

No comments: