Monday, April 2, 2012

Final Vacation Post













So, I highlighted the big things with vacation - a day with an old friend and breakfast with Minnie and Mickey. But I am sure you are thinking, "didn't you do more than that?" Honestly, no. Kan and I are not "tourist" vacationers. We do not feel the need to see every cool thing in the city or place we go. We simply go to relax, and eat, and relax some more. So, since I had been to Hawaii before (for SG's wedding) and already saw Pearl Harbor and Diamondhead and Wakiki with all of it's craziness, we did not do any other sightseeing except to see what the beach and pool had to offer. My parents took a day and drove to the North Shore and they also saw some of the Eastern part of the island after we left, but with two kids who are not super crazy about car seats, we decided to save that for another time. This is why we will not vacation in Europe any time soon - we will save it for when our kids are older and enjoy sightseeing - because we really do not have the energy or interest to tour with two small children. We did go to a luau one night, which was fun and we saw a beautiful sunset that evening. But other than that, we did not do much. So, this concludes our vacation in a nutshell - lots of grandparent time, lots of beach time, lots of pool time, lots of great food (I had fish tacos twice in one week!), and lots of reading The Hunger Games after putting the kiddos to bed (my mom brought me the books...I am on the third one now...my book review will be another post). It was a great vacation, but sadly only a few weeks later and I have lost my tan. :)

No comments: