Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 12, 2012 - Scrapbook Day

Yesterday was 9/11. You know, not a year goes by now that I do not shed some tears on this day. Everyone was posting things on facebook about how you will never forget - and it is true - just like my parents will always remember where they were when President Kennedy was shot, I will always remember where I was on that dreadful morning 11 years ago. Even living in Tokyo, my heart hurts on this day. We recently watched the movie Act of Valor. Fabulous movie. Whether you believe in war or not, you will feel a since of pride when watching it for our American military and be forever grateful for the men and women who sacrifice for the freedom of our nation. So, that is my two cents on 9/11 this year. Even when you live abroad, you still remember. Today is Wednesday and we started BSF again. We are so grateful for this ministry and the opportunity to be a part of it. We are studying Genesis this year and I am super excited to discuss it with Miss M. She is at an age where we can talk about the Bible stories she is learning about, and Genesis is full of story after story. Today she told me she learned about "Genesis" and how God's Word is "a gift for us." Her Bible teacher (my running partner) was so proud of her for remembering her story and what she learned. At the end of last year, they asked me if I would join the leadership team and lead a small group. I debated back and forth for awhile, but decided it would be good for me to do and to serve, to get my eyes focused on others besides my two little ones. I am super excited about the women in my group from all over the world. It is going to be stretching for me, but I think it will be so worth it. Now we are home and while The K Man pretends to nap, Miss M and I are relaxing in pjs, watching some Thomas the Train videos, and getting ready to do some preschool work and color together. One activity a day is enough for me these days, especially in this heat we are still experiencing. I hope each of you is having a great Wednesday.

No comments: