Thursday, November 1, 2012

18 Month/4 year old Stats

I took the kids to the doctor yesterday for their check-ups and immunizations. The K Man turned 18 months old today. He weighs in at a whopping 28 pounds (gained nearly 8 pounds in 6 months) and is 31.8 inches tall. The doctor tried to encourage me that he is growing by telling me he moved from the 10th percentile in height to the 30th, but he is still in the 75th percentile for weight. Now Miss M, on the other hand, gained one pound in a year. She weighs 34 pounds and is 39 inches tall. I think she said she was 55th percentile for weight and 40th for height. I cannot remember. Do those percentiles really mean anything? Any medical experts out there reading this? If so, let me know. Since I have a lot of birthday blogging to do in the next couple of days I will focus this check up post on the K Man. He can walk!! YAY! Walking makes the park much more fun. Today at the park we were playing hide and seek and when I would close my eyes to count he would start mimicking me. I would tell him to go find Miss M and he would go right to her because her hiding places are kind of out in the open. He does not talk much yet. He can say mama, doggie, dada, and ashi. We do not know what he means but he says it a lot. The other day it sounded like he said "nani" a few times which is "what" in Japanese. Hard to tell. Miss M does speak Japanese to him. Today she was being pretty sweet to him - holding his hand while he sat in the stroller and giving him a hug in the elevator. He loved it and when she stopped he would hold his hands out for more hugs. I love it when they are sweet to each other. They love to play together in the baths. They like to stand up and hold onto the edge and play the "splash splash game;" this is where they just run in place as fast as they can and try to splash as much as they can. One of these days are tub might fall through to the apartment below us. As you can tell there is not much the K Man won't eat, but he does not like watermelon or pear. He is learning or trying to use the fork and thinks he is hot stuff when he puts the food in his mouth with the utensils. I was too lazy to sign with him so when he wants more he lets you know by banging the table. I know, not good manners, but I just was lazy. I have said this before and I will be saying it again - he loves people, any kind, but especially the ladies. It is quite comical to watch him flirt on the trains. The apple does not fall far from the tree. K Man, we love you! You bring so much fun to our home. Happy 18 Month Birthday!

1 comment:

expatgourmand said...

Thanks for sharing your kids' growth - I love reading the updates. Zak hasn't gained ANY weight in almost a year, but he has shot up in height (once mistaken to be 6 y/o!) - so he's even more skinny than before. It's great to see Miss M and K Man get along well. Do they ever fight?