Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween

On actual Halloween night we went to hang out with some Aussie friends (the same ones we went to the beach with back in September). We took the kids trick-or-treating in their apartment building and then enjoyed a fabulous roast prepared by my friend. I say "we" meaning just the moms because all of the dads were still working. We opened some wine (because the dads were all working), had a dance party with the kids, ate some chocolate (because the dads were all working) and enjoyed good company. The apartment complex is pretty large but thankfully our children were too young to know that we did not hit the other two complexes for more candy. They got enough just going to the seven or so apartment we went to. One thing I learned that night is that Australians call a flashlight a "torch." That was new to me. I also learned that I have two really solid friends here in Tokyo. We have lots of friends here, but these two families feel like friends from home when we hang out. Like I said, one day, I will definitely be visiting Australia and will have people to visit!

No comments: