Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 13, 2013, Scrapbook Day - Tuesday

On Scrapbook day this month I had my sitter so while she stayed indoors with the tired kids (we hosted a party the night before so the kids did not get to bed until 11 on Monday) I went to the doctor to have a physical. I have not had a check up since before the K Man so I thought it was due time. My blood work will probably be abnormal because I ate breakfast that morning and I do not think I was supposed to (a lettuce and fruit smoothie). The nurse also took a double take when she read my blood pressure at 88 over 50. I told her it was always low so it is nothing new to me, and since she did not speak much english she was okay with that, and we moved on. It was an interesting set up at the clinic. They have this small waiting room where you sit in your matching clothes, men and women together. You are surrounded by curtains or stations and they call your number and you go to your next station. There are about 8 in all. You receive your results via mail in about 2-3 weeks. I will spare you the details as I hate doctors or check ups and move on to lunch, but the whole experience was a bit uneasy. There was no personal connection with the doctor per se. No body to really ask questions to. You just get checked out and leave. Afterwards, I met a friend for lunch at a restaurant called Bubby's in Ark Hills. If you need an American fix and are in Tokyo, this is the place to go. Super yummy food, much better than your typical chain restaurant, and the pies were fabulous. We shared a Banana Cream Pie and I felt like I was back in the south. So yummy and a big piece! Supposedly one just opened up a bit closer to us at Daimon station so I hope to take the family back for a nice brunch one day. In the afternoon, the kids and I met our friends and said our final goodbye as they moved out of our building. So sad. I will write more about that in a later post, but these are our neighbors who lived right above us on the 49th floor and we played at their house every Tuesday for the past year. They are going back to Sapporo. As the husband says, this gives us a reason to see Sapporo in the winter for the ice sculpture festival and a ski week! I will write more about them later, but here are a few pics from that last day with them here in Tokyo for scrapbook day.

No comments: