Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Off to Sapporo

Our neighbors upstairs finally moved back to Sapporo last week. Goodness, as you can see, we have had lots of goodbyes lately. But this is life, right, especially in a transient international city like Tokyo. For the past year we have been playing at their house every Tuesday afternoon with a couple of other families. As we said goodbye last week, the mother said to me "I believe we will see each other again." My husband hopes that is the case in February as he wants to go to Hokkaido to ski and stop in Sapporo to visit them. Their friendship provided me with community in our building, which after the earthquake in March of 2011, I really wanted. I am so grateful I have had the chance to share my life with this family and that the Tuesday play group will continue. Life is about relationships, being in community with others, and sharing life with others. I am learning this more and more each day living here. AS you can see from the pictures, we have a lot of fun memories with this family as well. And I too, believe we will see them again!

No comments: