Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December

We are enjoying some of the Christmas decorations around the city. We went to Disneyland a few weeks ago to have beautiful Christmas decorations and music playing all day. I loved the brother/sister affection displayed during the parade. So sweet. We spend every Wednesday in Midtown for Miss M to take Japanese. The K Man and I usually get some coffee and juice and he plays in this rock. Picture below. They have very pretty and cute Christmas decorations at Midtown right now so it is always a fun little stop in many ways. We cooked Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday with our church community group that is made up of three Japanese/American families. The meal was delicious, the fellowship fabulous, and naturally I did not get one picture of the entire day. I was a bit sad on actual Thanksgiving day as the husband was away for work and it was just another day here in Tokyo, but my sadness was taken away and overflowed with joy on Saturday with a true Thanksgiving feast with good friends. Still mad though that I did not take one single photo. We are counting down to Christmas. We put up a larger Christmas tree this year and the kids are LOVING it. I have been doing two different advent book with the kids. One is an ABC book of advents where you read about a different word regarding advent based on a new letter of the alphabet each day. The other advent program I am using is with The Jesus Storybook Bible. I love this Bible and a friend posted a link on facebook about an advent program reading from 24 different stories out of this Bible. It is busy in Tokyo, just like America, with Christmas...church activities, Christmas parties, the Nutcracker...but I hope by setting aside a little bit of time each night to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas, I can slow down a bit to rest and meditate on what the birth of Christ really means to me, to my family, and to the world. 

1 comment:

m said...

I know that rock!!!!!!!! Oh, makes me pine for Tokyo. Isn't it fun when the baby grows up a bit and can truly interact with the bigger one? The love at the parade is so fun to see. And the busy-ness of the holidays is getting to be, too. I need to try to slow down and enjoy it.holiday hugs to you.