Thursday, March 20, 2014

We can smell spring

Spring is in the air in Tokyo. Today we had a lot of rain and colder temps, but in the last week or so we have seen glimmers of spring. The kids get so excited when we walk past a sakura tree in bloom. There are a few throughout the city with some early blooms and if we see one the kids yell "SAKURA!" I guess this is their Japanese side coming out. They want to stop and take pictures of every sakura bloom they see. Tuesday I went for a run early in the morning. I saw the full moon set and the beautiful sun rise. It was breathtaking. To see both, the moon and the sun, doing what they have been doing for thousands of years, I was reminded of the bigness of God, Creator God, and how intricately he has created everything in this universe to work so well, from the moon and sun, to our bodies with muscles, bones and systems that make everything work. It truly is amazing. So here are some fun shots of creation...sakura, the sun rise on a morning run, and the view of Mt. Fuji my husband caught as he flew back into the city a few weeks ago. Our Creator God is an artist and to think...he delights in me and loves me. 

No comments: