Sunday, December 14, 2014

Scrapbook Day 12/14/14

Scrapbook day for this month fell on a Sunday, today as I write this! And I must say after the kids Christmas party yesterday and fighting colds all week, we are all a bit tired today. We did make it to church but that is about it. We are persevering with one more week of home school before Christmas break. It has been a long fall semester. It is not that we do not enjoy home school because we actually do and it suits our family well at this stage in our lives. But we have had very few breaks this semester as I am trying to get as many days as I can in before the baby comes in February. So, we are all a bit excited for this to be our last week and then a two week holiday for Christmas and New Years. The hubby and I got to go out on a date last night. It was fun. We checked out the original Benihana in Nihonbashi. It was tradition to go to a Japanese steakhouse for his birthday back in the US with about 5 other couples. Since we moved to Tokyo he has always wanted to find the same kind of restaurant here. Turns out there are not many at all. The chef did not use fire or flip his knives like the shows you get at a US restaurant, but the food was superb. It was exactly what the hubby had been wanting. We found it hilarious that the menu options were named after different states. He ordered Tennessee, naturally, and I ordered California - mainly because it was the only one without lobster as I am not a lobster fan. We finished dinner at 8:45 and I told him it was too early to go home...I wanted the kids asleep when I get home...so we found a nice coffee shop for a dessert tea. He opted for the hot lemonade and I tried the ginger milk tea. We were home by 10 and watching Blue Bloods by 10:15 - it is our latest TV addition on Hulu. So on this Scrapbook Sunday, we are counting down the minutes to bedtime so we can eat supper and watch Blue Bloods...our busy weekend has worn us out. But we would not trade it for anything.

No comments: