Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Pampering Shower

Some friends from church hosted a pampering shower for me a few weeks ago. I have most everything baby that I need, so they opted to give me things that would help me feel pampered. I received some nice chocolate, tea from one of my favorite tea shops, and loads of wine. Maybe they think I am a closet alcoholic, but rest assured I am not. It was a lovely time of fellowship with some of my favorite people in Tokyo. While the moms were at the shower, the dads took the kids to a local park and dinner at Denny's and also had a nice time of fellowship. I cannot say more about our church here in Tokyo and the community we have made. In January, we crossed the five year mark of being in Tokyo. Can you believe the Super Bowl came and went and we simply read about it online. I did watch the Katie Perry half time show on an internet site post Super Bowl. But that is it! Never would I think that we would forget about the Super Bowl or not make efforts to watch it. But we simply were not interested in the teams therefore we did not worry about it. I told the husband this is a sure sign that we have been away from America for a long time. The never ending question for many of you is "when are you moving back?" and I will give our honest response - we simply do not know. But I do know we are enjoying our life here, and I had fun at a shower preparing for baby Kawashima #3.

No comments: