Saturday, April 11, 2015

Youchien Ceremony

We decided to put the K Man in the Japanese kindergarten this year, called youchien. He started this week, with the opening ceremony on Wednesday. Why on earth they think a 3 year old can sit through a hour long ceremony, I have no idea, but he did fairly well until he waved at us and then his bottom lip came out. They start very slow, only going for two hours the first two weeks and then add on a little bit of time each week. He has been two days and already caught a cold/fever so he will not be going tomorrow. He cries when I drop him off, but when I pick him up he is happy, and on Friday he was holding a little boys hand and had already made a friend. Youchien is simply play time so I think he will enjoy it. The teacher told me his favorite part is the singing. Thankfully his ring bearer suit still fit from the summer wedding he was in, so he was able to dress up for the ceremony. Miraculously, Miss M could still fit in her outfit she wore for opening ceremony when she started youchien, although the sleeves were quite short. It was a fun morning for the family and I loved seeing the kids all dressed up.

No comments: