Saturday, April 16, 2016

Shimoda Beach April 2016

Last week we enjoyed a little "spring break" in Izu at Shimoda beach. A friend invited us along and I thought it would be nice for the kids and I to have a break from the every day routine and city life. The weather was nice with only one rainy day. The kids had a lot of fun on the train going down and coming back. I really appreciated the husband helping us get on the train and situated before he headed into work. He also met us when we returned to Tokyo. I did not take my IPad so we were tech free and TV free for a week. We did watch one movie on DVD on the rainy day but other than that the kids were away from the screen life. We played outside a lot, ran in the waves in spite of the water being really really cold, and enjoyed fellowship with our friends. It was a lot of fun and a much needed break for our family. 




No comments: