Sunday, September 20, 2009

Japan Bound

The whole purpose of this blog was created to keep my friends and family updated on our life in Japan that we thought would be happening in the near future. However, due to circumstances the Lord changed our path and right now we are not moving to Japan for a temporary assignment, like two years. We are though headed to Japan for four weeks!! I am very excited and nervous all at the same time. I have no idea what to expect but am thrilled to be taking my daughter there and for her to meet her paternal grandparents for the first time. Finally my blog will meet its purpose as I can keep our friends updated on our travels and what we do while we are there. We will spend most of our time in Tokyo with weekend trips to Kyoto to see my husband's family. We will also be renting an apartment for the month so that should be fun to get a feel for what it will be like to live in Tokyo. I hear McD's in Tokyo has wireless internet so I may get to know Ronald real well! I am hoping to take Miyako to the Hello Kitty store, Disneyland Tokyo, and the zoo. If I can make it there, on my own since my husband will be working during the day, I will feel like I have conquered the world. This will be an adventure and as nervous as I am, I am thankful for the opportunity and hope I can embrace the challenge with a positive attitude.

No comments: