Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rain rain go away...

As you can guess from my title of this entry it has been raining nonstop today. I was so bummed because I had planned to take Miyako out and about, but due to the rain we stayed inside. A co-worker of Kan's brought us a walker to use so she played in that quite a bit today. I just felt bad that I could not get her outside. We did stand on our balcony periodically and enjoyed the view. We do have an excellent view of the city.

We are still fighting our jet lag. Miyako got up this morning around 4:30 but after changing a dirty diaper she went back to sleep fairly quickly until 6:30. I can tell though she is not herself and still struggling somewhat. I think if I would let her, she would go to bed at night at 6. She does not fight at all when it comes to going to bed at 7 and I have to do everything I can think of to keep her up that long. It has given me some sweet moments of snuggle time with her in the evenings that I will cherish. She is taking solid afternoon naps but does not want to wake up. I have to go in and wake her up if she is still asleep at 4:30. Bless her little heart. She just does not know what is going on.

Since I cannot share about anything we did today outside the city, I can share some milestones for her. She let go of a stool today and took two steps towards me by herself. She did this once before but it was a couple of weeks ago. She had not dones it since so it was fun to have her try again. Also today she gave me a kiss which was sweet. And, she now loves the telephone and understands what it does. She has a play phone and whenever I play with her and say "Hello is Miyako there" or "Moshi Moshi, Miyako desu ka" (which is the Japanese) she picks up her phone and puts it to her ear and grins! It is so cute and the best part is that she understands it in both english and japanese.

Hopefully tomorrow we will have a more interesting post about something fun we got to do, although the forecast is calling for more rain.

3 comments:

Heather Morozov said...

Shari, I love reading your updates! Hang in there! I was frustrated how long it was taking A to adjust in Minsk, but after about 5 days it was so much easier! She'll get it and I can't wait to keep reading about your adventures!

Heather

Hunca Munca said...

How cute about Miyako and the telephone! And, I'm glad you are getting some good snuggle time. I have to beg my kids to snuggle with me, they get so busy as they get older. Hope the rain ends soon so you can get out more. You mentioned you got in a workout the other day - What type of workout are you doing in Tokyo?

Christy Johnson Photography said...

How sweet is she?!!!!
You have the best, most patient attitude!