Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Be Our Guest








Be Our Guest, be our guest...are you singing the song from Beauty and the Beast Yet? I guess I still have Disney on my mind. Well, this post of our current home is long overdue, but we are finally in livable, comfortable conditions and have our first overnight guests arriving as I type. Kan is on the train to Narita right now to pick them up. Miyako is napping, so I thought I would take this bit of peace and quiet to post recent pictures of our home, now that we have people coming to stay. There are still a few more purchases that need to be made - a couple of rugs, a table for the entryway so I can display pictures rather than keeping them on the bookshelf, some soft bathmats and a small kitchen rug; however, for the most part it is officially "Home Sweet Home." You can take notice of the large screen TV that was purchased in my absence, the sheets drying in the tatami room as I have yet to figure out how to hang my sheets outside without them touching the dirty floor of the balcony, and our fridge with all of the Christmas cards we received this past year. Every Japanese person who has lived in America and sees our fridge says "That looks so American" in response to all of our pictures. I remember as we packed them up last January Kan joked, "We will know who our true friends are next Christmas by those who are willing to send us a card and picture clear to Tokyo." :) I promise if you send one, we will find a place for you on our fridge. Come visit any time - just make sure to make reservations. :)

1 comment:

mel said...

Yea! So happy to see your home! And I see the glider in Miyako's room. Have any friends commented on it? I had one gentleman trying to deconstruct it with his eyes so he could make one for his wife...