Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grapes and Rain Boots




So, the following pictures detail two things...one is a picture of grapes. Grapes you ask? Why on earth would you take a picture of grapes? Well, the grapes here are delicious. Better than any other grapes I have tasted. I do not know what it is because they are very small and very expensive. I paid a little over four dollars for these grapes and this was at a discounted price so that is why I bought them. Normally I see them for a little over five dollars. But they taste like candy. Not kidding. So, I love the grapes here in Japan. I wonder if I would feel the same way about a $10 watermelon. Right now, I am not willing to try it.

We are getting ready to enter the rainy season here in Tokyo and I needed some rain boots. Unfortunately my feet are "larger" than the average Japanese woman's...for that matter they are probably larger than the average Japanese man's foot. My feet are not huge people. I wear a size 8.5 US, which is a bit big, but not mammoth size. Anyways, I could not find rain boots here in my size or if I did they just were not cute. I wanted some cute fun rain boots. My mom found these from Target and sent them to me. Very cute! And Miyako thinks so too. She had trouble at first getting into them but when I helped her she was loving the rain boots! So cute. So fun. Enjoy Pebbles in her polka dot rain boots.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big she is getting!

Christy Johnson Photography said...

I have those rain boots too! Miyako is so cute! Miss you!

Sally said...

Do those grapes make for good Japanese wine?

Karen said...

Wow, Miyako is getting so big! She is just adorable! I remember the fruit in Taiwan being AMAZING (esp. the mangoes and lychees) - Asians love their fruits! - but not that expensive! Sorry! And I also remember that store clerks would tell me they didn't have anything in my size (and I was a size 4/6 at the time!) - couldn't even wear a LARGE sized shirt! :( But so nice to have family willing to send you essential items in normal sizes!

Unknown said...

Shari, Miyako is adorable. She is growing like a weed. The air in Japan must be good for her. We sure do miss you guys but are very happy that you have settled in so nicely. I would never have thought about the issues with sizes of clothing there. Give that child a kiss for Uncle Wayne and I.

Erin H said...

I'd be barefoot in Japan...I wear an 11 :) And Maddy's into wearing "big" shoes around the house too. What a fun age :) Miyako is adorable as always!