Sunday, June 13, 2010

Imperial Palace/Hibiya Park








Yesterday Kan met a buddy to go running around the Imperial Palace. Miyako and I decided to tag along and walk around the area. I was excited to learn this running path is not too far from us, only four stops by train. Our buddy said it is 3.2 miles around and I thought it would be a great place for an early morning run for myself one day. Unfortunately they were meeting to run as the Imperial Palace was closing, so Miyako and I did not get to go in. I did get some fun shots outside of it. It is beautiful and I look forward to exploring inside at another time and checking out their gardens. I heard it is beautiful. Miyako and I explored the area and heard live reggae music. We followed it and found ourselves in Hibiya park. It felt a little bit like the Japanese version of a Reggae Woodstock, but we did enjoy a snow cone, found some swings, and heard the live music from afar. It was a really cool park with lots of shade which is nice on these hot summer days in Tokyo. I did not realize so many Japanese people were into reggae. The bands sounded like native English speakers, so it was fun to listen from the distance.

4 comments:

Hunca Munca said...

cool - a running path with shade and incredible surroundings! I hope you do get to go running there someday. :-)

Shio said...

Hibiya Park was Nuno's stomping ground while he was going to the daycare at Peter's workplace. The bank is right in front of the park! They took him out there pretty much everyday...I like the daycare he is in now, but this former daycare was pretty awesome.

Sally said...

If there's live music the next time you go back for a run, you won't even need an iPod! Miyako looks so happy! Too cute!

mel said...

How much do you like to run? Imperial Palace is not far from Akasaka and the Prince's Palace. Aaron would run those together and get about 9 miles in. Let me know if you want more details, but I think it is Highway 246 that runs between them.