Monday, October 18, 2010

Update on Prego Lady in the Far East

Well, thank you friends and family for so many well wishes regarding the newest addition to our family. I have had lots of questions from all of you so I thought I would give you an update as to how I am doing. I am feeling great. Like Miyako, I have not had any morning sickness. My only complaint is being tired, but I was tired a lot before I got pregnant, so not much has changed. I just take more naps now since I have an excuse to let the projects sit on the sidelines. We are very excited about this newest addition.

I think the coolest part for Kan and I has been watching Miyako's reaction. She will point at my tummy and go "baby." The other day I was changing her diaper and she started kicking my belly and saying "baby." I tried to explain we do not kick the baby! She loves her baby dolls right now. She wants to put diapers on them, use wipes, feed them, put socks on them, let them swing with her or she push them in the swing - anything she does she wants to do to the baby. I hope once her new little brother or sister makes his or her entrance to the world, she will understand she cannot just let the "baby" fall off the swing and say "baby fall down" like she does with her baby doll.

I have a huge heart for Pregnancy Centers. I spent lots of time volunteering at the local one in Lexington as a student. If I were still involved in a pregnancy center, I would have a great commercial for them! In Japan, you get ultrasounds at every doctor appointment and they put them on a DVD. After our first appointment we brought it home to show Miyako. When she saw the 8 week old baby she said, "baby." An almost two year old knew the 8 week old fetus is a baby. If that does not touch your heart, I do not know what will. It was amazing. She will often see the DVD on our desk and ask to see the baby. She will take the DVD to the DVD player, open the DVD player and put in the disc. The other day she did this and I pushed play. She said, "baby." After about 30 seconds she said, "baby bye bye" and left the room. Oh well...at least she wanted to see him or her briefly. It will be fun to show her the ultrasounds and let her see the baby get bigger while mama gets bigger too.

Again, thank you for all of the notes and encouragement. We really do appreciate it and love that people are so excited for us. Thanks again. We will keep you updated via the blog on how everything is going.

2 comments:

Karen said...

How neat to get ultrasounds at every appt and made into a keepsake DVD! That will be so precious! Thinking and praying for you!!!

Sally said...

If you are able to get a pic (or video) of Miyako watching the baby on the DVD, please share. I realize by the time you would get the camera rolling, the moment may have passed. Just sayin'. So sweet that she is aware you've got a baby on board.