Wednesday, September 14, 2011

10 Years Ago Today...

we had our very first date! I always remember the anniversary because it was the Friday night after Tuesday 9/11. The hubby said he wanted to ask me out on Monday night, but got scared and did not call. Then Tuesday some terrorists thought it would be a good idea to destroy the US and so hubby knew he could not call on Tuesday night. He finally called on Wednesday and asked me out for Friday night. Not sure if this is true or not, as he likes to embellish stories a bit, but it is fun to tell nonetheless. We went to a local Mexican restaurant on UK's campus - I loved that he did not choose a chain restaurant like Red Lobster...not that there is anything wrong with chain restaurants, but I like the local places best. Then we ventured on to a wine tasting party at his friends' place. My first impression was how much his friends loved him, and that made a lasting impression on me. He was so well liked by EVERYONE and I knew this was a guy I wanted to get to know. Did I think we would be married with two children ten years later on that night? No. But he did make a very good impression from opening the car door, to great conversation, fabulous choice of music in the car (we always liked the same kind of music from the beginning), to having the respect of his friends...I am so glad God saw it fit for him to be my perfect match. Sigh...this post was really just for me, to remember, and to record, so one day my kids can read it and envision how Mama and Daddy started dating. We have had our fair share of ups and downs over the last ten years, but it is definitely a fun ride being his partner in crime. I would not want to do this life with anyone else.

1 comment:

Aimee D said...

how sweet!
kan embellish stories? noooo! ;)