Friday, September 16, 2011

Maritime Museum and Hello Kitty Heaven









Today we normally have music class, but for some reason we were on a break, so our friends from class joined us for an adventure to the Maritime Museum. It is due to shut down at the end of this month, so we thought we better go check it out before it closes. It is basically a really large ship, with lots of cool ship stuff inside, mostly written about in Japanese, so I was never quite sure what I was looking at. But to a three year old and almost three year old, it was not about the ships. It was about running around the three large levels of the museum. And that is ok. They had fun. We had fun. It was a great morning. They did have these remote control boats you could drive which Miyako thought was fun. She kept making her boat run into the wall, with mama's help naturally.

After the museum we headed to Venus Fort, a large shopping mall, for lunch. Low and behold they had a huge Hello Kitty area. On the weekends, Hello Kitty does a show so we will definitely be heading back there on a Saturday to enjoy the pink and purple fun. As you can see from the pictures, Miyako had a great day. When I asked her what her favorite part of the day was she said, "the boats, hello kitty, ice cream, the boats." Basically, she liked everything we did today!

And I am happy to report daddy is home. He has been in the US for work and we survived our first big trip without daddy around. I thought by the end of the eleven days I would be DYING! Well, I wasn't. Now, I did have moments that I wanted to pull my hair out, but let's face it - I have those moments even when hubby is home! All in all, I was pleasantly surprised with how well the week went. I do not feel like I was in "survival" mode counting down the hours for him to walk in the door, which is a good feeling. I felt like we went about our normal week and I really enjoyed my kids. Now the true test comes - keeping that same attitude when he is home and jet lagged and I am frustrated he can't keep his eyes open at 2 in the afternoon. :) Miyako was absolutely beside herself when he walked in tonight. She had been talking about daddy coming home all day today. I asked her if she wanted mama to leave and daddy to stay with her. She looked at me kind of funny. I responded with, "Do you want mama and daddy to both stay here?" Her eyes got real big and she said, "Mama and daddy both stay here!!" Love our sweet little girl. She thinks we are all that and a bag of chips - one day the time will come when she may think we are still pretty cool, but she will not want us always around. :) And in the words of The Cranberries, "These are the days to remember..."

No comments: