Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Our First Yochien Field Trip

We went on our first yochien field trip this past week to Hama-rikyu garden. We are very familiar with this place as it is close to our house and we go here often for picnics. It was fun to try it out with M's yochien. Although, I did find it quite stressful. At one point I picked up a daffodil and let M blow on it, only to be told we cannot pick those up because they are part of the garden. Really? It is a weed people. But, it is cultural...the rules...and as my husband reminds me if I let each and every rule drive me crazy I will be lucky to leave the country sane. M seemed a bit more clingy on the field trip, a bit more reserved, and I am learning more about her...she likes smaller crowds (like her mama). She does fine in her classroom, but when it is 6 classes combined, it was a bit much for her. Once we walked through the gardens and had lunch we had free time and hung out with our new friends from yochien. M opened up here, running around and chasing their little boy. I posted a few pics - if you have a hard time finding us, I am the only one not wearing a hat and M is the only one not looking up. :) We definitely march to a different drum. :) It was a fun day all in all...our first of many I am sure.

No comments: