Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Train Museum

Today we had a blast going to Oyami area and visiting a train museum. For those of you in Tokyo, I highly recommend it. We left Tokyo around 10:30 and arrived there right at noon for a curry lunch with a kids meal that was served in a train car dish. They had old trains, shinkansens, JR trains...you name it, they had it. You could climb in them and even drive some, pretend of course. You got to see the history of the train in Japan and enjoy a show. It also had been on my list of things to do and see for quite some time, so I am glad I get to check it off the list. Daddy was on vacation so we enjoyed spending the day with him and our friends from yochien. The museum also had a nice play ground that the kids thoroughly enjoyed. As you can see from the pictures, it was a great day. I do love that this city has so much to offer in terms of museums and kids activities. My focus this summer is giving thanks and I am ending each day by writing 20 things I am thankful for - the train museum made my list today. Good times...lasting memories.

1 comment:

m said...

What do you mean kids?? A would LOVE the train museum. He even bought a CD of recorded train arrival and departure music and spoken word so he could have it in the US. That shinkansen slide looks awesome!