Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I am behind...way behind...but here we go...

Y'all, I am behind...like so far behind I do not know where to begin behind. Did I even blog about Thanksgiving? We had a great one - I cooked, in the tiny oven, every dish and some Japanese friends came over for their first Thanksgiving feast. Then, on Sunday, my friend Sally arrived on her way back to Oregon from a vacation in Thailand. Now, Sally has often sent Miss M Snoopy gear, so Miss M thought she was Charlie Brown's sister. However, Sally is Korean/American. Definitely not blonde hair Sally from Charles Schultz. So Sally arrived, and I prepared Miss M ahead of time that she would look a bit like Daddy. We had a great visit with Sally. We had intentions to go to Disney Sea on Monday for Christmas festivities, but both kids had horrible coughs and it was raining, so instead of Disney Sea Sally went with me to the pediatrician in the rain. She got to experience my daily grind. It sure is not pretty some days. :) On Tuesday our sitter came and Sally and I had a day to ourselves. We strolled through the fish market, visited a garden and enjoyed a green tea, strolled through Ginza, window-shopped because only the rich and famous actually by a $1500 purse in Ginza, ate lunch at my favorite noodle shop, and walked around the Imperial Palace. We ended the day with a cake and hot tea in the afternoon. It was a fabulous day. And then, Sally was here conveniently on the day we left for the US...she helped me get the kids from Tokyo station to Narita airport and through security. She boarded her plane to Seattle, and 30 minutes later I boarded our plane to Atlanta. And the journey began...

2 comments:

Sally said...

I got mentioned on your blog, I'm so excited! So exciting! Thanks again for having me. You're such a gracious host and loving, super woman of a mom! I need to share my Tokyo pics with you, but how on earth did I get NONE of us??? Tokyo was so impressive - so clean, safe, with beautiful and delicious food. I could go on and on. Anyway, enjoy being back home!

mel said...

Yeah for Sally! I'm glad you had someone to share your daily grind with - and someone to help you through Narita. What blessed timing!