Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It is HOT!

On Monday we went to one of our favorite parks with some friends, the 100 yen park, or Niko Niko park. And we decided this was one of our last ventures for a big day at the park for awhile unless it involves water. It is HOT in Tokyo. When I went running on Monday morning around the Imperial palace it felt as if hot air was blowing in my face due to the humidity and I had trouble breathing. I told my husband that I do not understand why I struggle with the heat here when it gets just as hot in Kentucky in the summer. We remembered that in Kentucky we only got out in the heat when we chose to, and that was usually to enjoy a pool or BBQ. In order to get to said pool or BBQ we drove in our nice AC cars. However, here in Tokyo, we have to get out in the heat just to go to the grocery store. You have no choice but to walk in the heat to get to wherever you need to go. Miss M even said at the park, "You picked the wrong day to come here, mama." You can tell the kids are a bit grumpier and more agitated due to the heat. It really is pretty miserable. But, it is only July. We still have a few more months of it. I just cannot figure out how the Japanese women still wear pants and long sleeves in this heat to protect their skin from the sun. It amazes me. In spite of the heat, we still had fun at the 100 yen park. However, Thursday, our play date is at the splash pool which opened over the weekend! The K Man and his buddy did stay somewhat cool playing in the water used for washing hands and sand toys. Enjoy the pics.

No comments: