Friday, July 26, 2013

Swim Lessons

We have done about 8 weeks of swim lessons this summer. The problem with a big city is that there are not lots of opportunities to swim. We have several splash parks but my kids cannot swim near like my friends' kids at home who live at the country club pools in the summer. I do not want Miss M to be an Olympic Swimmer, unless she wants to, but I do think it is important that she know how to swim and not be afraid of the water. She is on a wait list for some Japanese group lessons that are indoors and year round. We have a trial lesson in August as she is moving up the list! But for the summer, we have been doing something outdoors short term. She likes it when she is in the little pool. She does not like it when the teacher moves her to the big pool. Oh well. I probably would not like it either if I could not touch and did not know how to swim! Here are a few pics of swim lessons.

No comments: