Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What is on the nightstand

I realize that this blog is mostly about the kids, what we do, and all the fun we have. Now, I also know for most people who blog you do not put the ugly stuff of life up there for the friends and family to see. Every day is not an adventure just because we live in Tokyo and life is not always fun. So I do want to use the blog to be real about life and also remember things in my own life that I was doing when my kids were young. I thought today I would tell about the books I am currently reading. I normally can only read one book at a time, but our friends from Oz move back in early December and I love their library so I am reading several books at one time. I have 3 more from them I need to finish in two months! We will see if I get through it or if I will be mailing some books down to Melbourne in February! Currently on my night stand are the following books: Blue Like Jazz, Third Cultured Kids, Enjoying the Little Years, Fukushima by Mark Willacy, and Escape from Camp 14. So, I am reading about a man's authentic relationship with Christ and his struggles and doubts with faith, children who live outside their passport culture during their formative years of ages 1-18 (I started this to better understand my own children but as I am reading it I am learning a lot about my husband), little nuggets of encouragement for mamas with small kiddos, the 3/11 earthquake and following the stories of a few people affected by the disaster, and the story of a man born into a North Korean prison camp and how he escaped. Pretty wide range of reading huh? This is why my paper scrapbooking left off at Miss M, age 9 months, and why my needlepoint stocking I bought last winter is nowhere near finished...I love to read and my only time to do it is at night, post bedtime. Well, time to get the kids up and head to Asobono...more to come on mama's life regarding home school and the lessons I have learned in just 5 weeks.

No comments: