Saturday, May 10, 2014

Going Vertical

We went vertical...we got bunk beds! The kids' room looks a lot more spacious now. I have been on an organizing rampage. I realized that part of my anxiety in daily life has been due to my lack of organization in our home. Even if we have no clue where we are going to live in five years, if our home is organized and a safe little haven, these bigger issues are not as stressful. So I have been working hard on the home. If I had known how much better the organization would have made me feel, I would have done this a year ago! The kids room and tatami room now are a bit more organized. Sometimes it still feels cluttered but we are four people in 90 sq. meters so that is bound to happen. However, it is much neater now and each kid has a junk basket to put the endless junk in. I can then clean it out once every couple of weeks rather than the junk accumulating everywhere. Next up on the organization project - the "treasure boxes" of keepsakes the kids have made and our clothes closet. Then I will feel really good! The kids love the bunk beds and we often find that the K Man will climb in bed with his sister after she has fallen asleep. Very sweet. He still comes in our bed in the early morning, usually around 5 when I am getting ready to go for a run, but hopefully this will pass once he gets used to his bunk bed.

No comments: