Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Happy 10 Years to us!

Today marks our tenth anniversary. And how do I choose to celebrate it...by pulling my back! Seriously, I bent over and my lower back started hurting. Thankfully the hubby had a low key day and no meetings so he is working from home and taking the kids to their afternoon activities. I am hoping it is better by tomorrow before we head on a car trip to Nikko. 

Since we are away this weekend, we chose to celebrate early two weeks ago with a lovely dinner at the Four Season hotel. Our friend runs the hotel and made us reservations. It was perfect. It was small, quiet, and had a beautiful view looking at Tokyo station and Tokyo tower from a distance. We love the Maranouchi/Tokyo station area and it is in our neighborhood so to speak so it made for a special evening. The food was phenomenal (so nice that my husband said to enjoy it because we will not eat like this again for another ten years:), the presentation was beautiful, and the evening was so fun. We reminisced about our wedding day and our wedding party and all of the great friends we have. We chatted about every day life, the kids, and dreams we have for the next ten, twenty and thirty years. 

You know, when we got married, on our wedding day, I thought I was the happiest I would ever be. But that has proven to be false. Each day, I grow more in love with my husband. He is more than just a partner in life, he is my best friend and I truly enjoy him so much more today than I did ten years ago. I look back ten years ago and the image I had of marriage is so different than what I want now. I love just talking to him, laughing, watching shows together, ordering Chinese take out, riding bikes with our kids...just doing life together. The Lord has grown our marriage so much over the last ten years through good times and tough times. I wait expecting God to do great things in our marriage over the next ten years.

Here is to you, my best friend, the one I truly cannot imagine my life without. Thank you Jesus for your grace over us and our marriage and for allowing us to journey on this earth together as husband and wife.


1 comment:

expatgourmand said...

Happy 10 years Shari and Kan! May God bless you with many more happy years together :)