Saturday, February 6, 2016

Healesville, Sanctuary Melbourne, Australia

Over the weekend while in Australia we went outside the city by a hour via car to Healesville Sanctuary. I wanted the kids to see some Australian animals in their natural habitats. This place was amazing. We saw kangaroos, koalas, emus, Tasmanian devils, and every other type of animal only found in Australia. It was hot so the kids definitely needed hats and sunscreen. We did a special encounter with an emu and the kids got to feed Dash and Drum. :) We stayed in a nearby hotel and enjoyed a fabulous dinner. I tried kangaroo meat for the first time. I will be honest...it was not my favorite. It reminded me a bit of duck. However, it was good and I am glad I tried it. I figured where else can you try kangaroo meat other than Australia. I do not think I would order it again when I visit Australia, but I am glad I experienced it once.

No comments: