Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's Day with our sweet Miyako outside the womb. Last year at this time we had just informed our family we were expecting and this year she is already 6 months old. I had such a wonderful day today. First of all, it is beautiful here in Lexington...sunny and 70 degrees, which is nice compared to the rain we have had all week. We went to church this morning and Miyako and I wore matching dresses. I can do this while she is young. Mine was actually all orange/peach and her dress was a peach and white gingham pattern, in honor of UT of course. Once I get the pictures uploaded I will add one to the blog. The church service was very powerful. Our Pastor talked about the foundation of the family and how when our families are not built on the solid foundation of Christ, our nation will begin to fall, which is what I believe we are seeing right now in our country today. Kan and I both left church encouraged and with renewed vision for our personal family and how we can have an impact on the world around us. After church, Kan made homemade blueberry pancakes and we feasted while Miyako played in her Jump n Go. Little did we know, she was really "going" because when we got her out it was straight to the bathtub. She had a slight blow-out. So much for "not working" on Mother's Day, but she was happy. I enjoyed a long run with two girlfriends and then Kan and I took Miyako on a short walk. Tonight we are doing Chinese take-out at our favorite neighborhood Chinese restaurant. The only bummer about today is knowing that Kan leaves for Japan tomorrow. This next trip is a little bit longer, 12 days rather than 6, so Miyako and I plan to visit Nana in Knoxville to help break up Papa being gone. The only good thing about him being gone is that when he comes home, we leave for our first family beach vacation!! As I sat today feeding Miyako, the Lord reminded me of just how blessed I am. I have such a wonderful husband and sweet daughter and am truly glad to be just where He has me right now.

1 comment:

Nashvillians Now said...

Thanks for sharing!
It sounds like a wonderful day. I love the insights the Lord revealed to you.
I am glad you had such a wonderful first Mother's Day! We will be praying for you as Kan is away and can't wait to see you in IOP. I was just telling KJ that I was getting excited about spending time with ya'll.