Sunday, May 3, 2009

My First Post

Well, I am entering the blogger world and here is my first post! I am hoping this blog will keep our friends and family updated on what is going on in our home, and I may even meet some interesting people along the way. Yesterday was Derby Day here in the Bluegrass State, one of my all time favorite days. As I listened to the thousands sing My Old Kentucky Home, chills ran up my back. What a race it was...amazing how that horse came from 12th place to finish first at odds of 50 to 1. Miyako, my six month old, did not really know what was going on, but one day she will know the tradition of the Kentucky Derby and be able to make Derby Pie. Speaking of my baby girl, she is 6 months old today. I cannot believe it!! She is getting so big and is such a joy. I never thought I would enjoy motherhood as much as I do. When she smiles at me, I feel like a million bucks. There really is nothing better! Well, I am going to learn more about what I can do with this blog and hopefully it will be somewhat interesting. I am not computer savvy at all so this is a big step for me. Until next time...

3 comments:

Christy Johnson Photography said...

Shari!
Yea for you! I am excited you started a blog. I will be adding you to my blog reader so I get your updates!
3 more weeks until the beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christy

Julie said...

Yay!! Can't wait to see more pictures. Glad you've entered the blog-o-sphere.

Hunca Munca said...

Welcome to blogging! I'm glad to have another way to stay in touch with you & Kan and to watch Miyako grow up. I will be "following" you. Enjoy!