Thursday, July 15, 2010

Random Visit to the Imperial Gardens





Kan headed out to Hong Kong today for work and he accidentally left his passport at home. He needed Miyako and I to bring it to him at the train station, so my classmate joined us in the venture to the train station. I was so thankful that she came along as I did not know what bus exactly to take and it is much easier getting on a bus with someone else to help me with the stroller. After handing over the much needed passport, my classmate and I walked to the Imperial Palace to take a stroll through the gardens. It was rather hot so I found a small water fountain for Miyako to get wet in. Once we started with that, she did not want to leave. My classmate tackled a little bit of the gardens. They are rather big and we got there about a hour before they closed. They were beautiful, very well manicured and green. It was a fun little random sightseeing adventure. Our plan is to go back one day in August since our classes have been canceled for the month. I am still getting my babysitter and decided to do some touristy things that are just not easy with Miyako. I thought walking around the entire gardens in the heat would be something she would not really enjoy. You will probably see another blog entry in the future about an August garden trip with a nice little lunch at a cafe in the area.

Speaking of heat, just for the record, it is downright hot here. I decided I am going to blame everything on "it is hot." It really does drain the energy out from under you. But I cannot complain too much. The skies today were bright blue and beautiful.

No comments: