Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Fall is Complete










So, my fall is usually complete when Kan and I have attended one night game at Neyland Stadium for the year and when I have been to a pumpkin patch. This year, I do not think I will make a night game at Neyland stadium (nor do I want to with the way the VOLS are doing this year and the CATS, well, we do not even talk about their football anymore), but I did find a Pumpkin Patch in Tokyo!! Now, it was not what we in the US consider a pumpkin patch with THOUSANDS of pumpkins to choose from, apple cider to sip on, and a petting zoo. But, for my little girl who LOVES the Great Pumpkin and has been asking to go to a pumpkin patch like Lynus and wait for the Great Pumpkin, it was perfect. Plus, she does not know any different since she was only 1 years old for her US pumpkin patch experience. She would not sit still to eat lunch. She was running from pumpkin to pumpkin and quoting Charlie Brown the entire time. It was a beautiful day and we really enjoyed ourselves. The pumpkin patch was at a green house and inside they had some Halloween decor set up with costumes that kids could put on and take pictures with. Miyako kept trying to roll the pumpkins like Lynus does in The Great Pumpkin. It was really cute and it made my fall a bit more complete. I simply was so encouraged that I got to expose her to something I thought she would only be able to experience in the US. Enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

mel said...

SCORE! How did you ever find a Halloween pumpkin patch? I'm so impressed! What fun for you all!

Sally said...

Doesn't seem like anyone gets too muddy at this pumpkin patch - what a bonus! I love the picture of Miyako holding hands with her friend - how sweet!