Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Fun











You know, even though I do not "work" outside the home, I still live for Fridays like I did when I was working as a social worker. Why? Because it means Daddy is home, we get to have fun and play, and mama has extra hands to help. We really do love the weekends and have so much fun together as a family. Yesterday we were supposed to go to Odaiba via boat with another family. However, the rain kept us away and we went to a new indoor play area near Tokyo Dome. It was INCREDIBLE! It was huge, and Miyako had a blast. The bottom level had a large yellow bouncy thing and Miyako spent about 30 minutes of our hour session bouncing and bouncing and bouncing. They had one section dedicated to trains. They had a grocery store where you could pretend to grocery shop. In fact, when we got home, we found a pineapple in Kan's pocket. Oops. We will take it back! They even had a section for kids ages two and under where the K Man and I hung out.

After the hour session was up we had some hungry kiddos so we opted for the food court next door with lots of udon and onigiri. From there, we explored the area around Tokyo Dome. The kids enjoyed stripping down to their diapers and splashing in the water. The adults enjoyed people watching - lots of entertainment since they were having a "costume convention." We took LOTS of pictures of the costumes while pretending to take pictures of the kids. Some people would give you the evil eye if you took their picture, but come on...if you dress up as weird as some of these folks, you have to expect and be OK with getting your picture taken. Some pictures we had to avoid and some well...let's just say when I went to powder my nose I did not know if some of the people in there were supposed to be in the ladies room. From there, we rode a merry-go-round, had a crepe and headed home. Miyako was so exhausted she slept until 9 this morning!

Today we had some friends over for lunch and I tried two new recipes - an oatmeal bake and a bacon, egg and cheese casserole. They were both delicious. I had to take a picture! And my homemade coffee creamer made it even that much better!

Happy Weekend...it is a shame it is almost over...five more days..."I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."

1 comment:

mel said...

Fun fun fun! I'm so glad you had a great family weekend. It is so nice to reconnect after the work week. Your brunch looks terrific! ;)