Saturday, November 19, 2011

11-11-11




So, I completely forgot my scrapbook day this month! YIKES. How could I forget when it was 11-11-11?! I think that pregnancy forgetfulness has turned into full blown mama forgetfulness and come 8:00PM I am so tired that I do not want to blog, email, facebook, or any of that other stuff. I simply want to sit on the couch and be a vegetable. I used to LOVE to read. Even when we had just Miyako, I was an avid reader. But lately I simply am too tired at night to get through a few pages. I hope that changes as the kids get a bit older as I really do love to read, but I am learning to accept where I am at with this phase in my life and be okay if not everything gets done.

So, I looked back at our calendar for 11-11-11, and it was just a normal day for us. We had music class and if I remember correctly, it was POURING down rain and COLD. Miyako insisted on walking in her rain boots and carrying her new Hello Kitty pink umbrella that she got as a birthday present from a dear friend. Needless to say, the walk to the bus stop took twice as long, but eventually we made it. We came home straight after class and stayed put for the remainder of the day. It was cold, dreary and one of those days where I was missing my car terribly. I needed comfort food for dinner so I made skyline chili for Kan and I after the kids went to bed. Yum.

We have been doing a Flat Stanley project for a friend in Kentucky. We take Flat Stanley with us and take some fun pictures of him around Tokyo. I need to mail him back by Monday of this week so he gets to Kentucky by December 1. For this post, I included a few photos of Flat Stanley and the kids at Roppongi Hills. The Christmas decorations are out and about in the city, which gets me in the mood for the holidays, and we spotted a pretty tree in Roppongi Hills, across from the really LARGE spider statue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post encouraged me to let me know that I am not alone!! I constantly am telling Ryan that I literally have lost my mind since having Silas. I had read about this effect, but I didn't think it would happen to me. I used to pride myself on my good memory...now it has walked out the door! I can only imagine what it would be like with two little ones! Also, like you, I love to read, but simply do not have the time anymore! Right before Silas was born, Ryan bought me a Kindle. I was so excited about it and thought I would use it so much, but now it just collects dust :( Maybe someday I can pick it up again!