Wednesday, November 2, 2011

K Man - Six Months



My sweet little K Man is 6 months old today. I really really cannot believe it. We went to the doctor yesterday and drum roll please...he is a whopping 19 pounds (75th percentile for US standards) and 26 inches long (35-40th percentile). Seriously. I am not kidding. Miyako also had her 3 year check up and was 34 pounds (15 kg) so you do the math - between a stroller and sling I carry around 53 pounds in extra body weight. Why on earth is it taking me so long though to lose this baby weight? Well, we will not go there, but I sure do get my work out with these two.

Snoop T (as UT likes to call him) is happy and healthy, so what more could a mama ask for? He is rolling over fairly well. He does not roll across the room per se, but he can get from his back to his tummy fairly easily. He cannot get from his tummy to his back. He laughs and smiles a lot...big fabulous smiles. I pray he always has this joyous disposition that he seems to have had since birth...so easy going and laid back. Rarely does the little man cry unless he is getting shots or wants a bit of attention or is tired. Dirty diapers do not even seem to bother him. He simply rolls with the punches. He is babbling a lot these days and giving those little baby shouts that say "Oh, what is this? A voice?" Kan swears when he came in last night from work, the K Man looked up from his pack and play (which is still in the hallway) and said "da da." I am not sure about that one, but I will let him believe it for a little bit of love and encouragement. :) Yes, he is still sleeping in the hallway (Kei, not Kan). My reasoning behind it is he still has his dream feed (which we will stop in about 3 weeks after being on solids) and gets up at 7 where as Miyako gets up at 8 or later some days. I cherish that hour in the morning with just Kei before Big Sister gets rearing to go. I did not want them sharing a room and his schedule disrupting her schedule. I was thinking when we came back from the US at Christmas, and jet lag messed us up, I would put him on the same 8 to 8 schedule as Miyako so bed times would be the same and sharing a room would be a bit easier, but that trip is kind of up in the air now so I am not sure when the transition will take place. Basically I just do not want to have to deal with demanding Big Sister whining about sharing a room...I think I will tackle potty training first!

Speaking of Big Sister, the K Man LOVES her! He laughs at her and watches her all the time. She likes him, for the most part, except when we pray at night and I pray for Kei. Her response is "I do not want to pray for Kei" followed by chuckles. Stinker. Oh and she really does not like him when we skype with Grandma and Papaw or Nana and Opah. She does not want to share Skype - she will even say that - and she wants the people skyping to always look at her. Tomorrow is her 3rd birthday and Saturday is our 6th Anniversary. This is a big week for us!

K Man, you are Mama's sweet baby boy. I am completely smitten with you. Your smiles make the darkest of days light up. I am so grateful God put you in this family. I love you big boy! Mama.

1 comment:

Nate and Molly said...

What a chunk! So cute!!! If Tim hadn't been born early I think he would be that chubby. Aren't they just so kissable, I can't even stand it?