Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ear Aches, Prayers and Baby Theo

Last night I got a wake up call from sweet Miyako-chan at 1:00 AM telling me her ear hurt. She moved in bed with me, Daddy moved to the couch, and the K Man slept through all the commotion in the hallway. (We've tried the kids in the same room a couple of times now, but they keep waking each other up with bouts of crying. We will try again this weekend - Miyako really wants to share a room so she has someone to "talk" to.) From 1-7 she would sleep for about 15-30 minutes, and then cry for about 30 minutes to a hour. Not an easy night. My husband knows, I hate when my sleep is interrupted. They always want Mama and I am always irritable being woken up because it takes me forever to go back to sleep. But last night, it was different. I knew when she said her ears hurt, we were in for a rough night. This was her first ear infection, but I have heard horror stories. And there is really nothing you can do until you get to the doctor the next morning (Trust me - I made hubby go google it at 1AM). Last night, I watched my little girl in lots of pain. She would kick her legs and you could see it on her face how much it hurt. And each time I saw her wince or cry out, I thought of sweet baby Theo and prayed for him and his fight with leukemia. I prayed for his mama, watching her baby boy suffer for a long long time and not getting any sleep as she tried to bring him comfort. I thought of another dear friend whose daughter is also fighting this horrible disease. And I prayed fervently for them, especially Theo, knowing he was in a battle for his life and had taken a turn for the worse over the last 48 hours.

Then I woke up this morning and read this - http://oh-bla-di.blogspot.com/2012/01/day-64-at-rest.html. How my heart broke and is still grieving for these friends. Theo went home to be with Jesus at 6:00PM EST. I was praying for him from 11AM-5:00PM while awake with Miyako. God had me up to pray for this sweet family, and used my little girl's ear ache to do so. What an amazing God we serve. I hope the next time I am awake in the middle of the night, for whatever reason, I will use it to quiet myself and pray. Would you continue to pray for this family with me? Thank you.

2 comments:

Nate and Molly said...

I hate that we never got to meet Theo. Now that I know what it's like to have a son, it's all the more heartbreaking.

On another note, I just got my first ear infection over Christmas and I would pretty much rather have any other minor illness than that. I still can't hear completely in my left ear. So I feel Miyako's pain. . .literally! Poor girl!

mel said...

It is marvelous how God works. Such sad news about T, and so wonderful to know that he is peaceful now.